April 21, 2022
Instant search 🔎
Our newest feature is the ability to search through all of your event content. Using the simple key command
CMD + K, you can rapidly search through all of your upcoming, future, and past events.
This FAST feature makes it incredibly easy to navigate and identify data in all of your meetings.
Custom Recurrence 🤹♂️
As we strive to make your team routines and meeting prep more efficient, one of the main requests we received was a way to customize rules for recurring events.
You spoke, we listened!
Recurring events in Magical are now fully customizable. This means you can edit the frequency of the event (set for daily, monthly, specific days of the week, etc.), as well as end endings on a specific day or after a set number of occurrences.
- App state persists when you refresh.
- Contacts (now that Google Auth Permissions have been fixed)
- Prompt to save (so you don't accidentally lose your progress)
- Fixed recurring events that were being deleted after initial sync
- Fixed mention issues.
- Fixed misc issues with sharing events.
- Fixed misc issues with action items which caused them to sometimes not appear in side bar.
April 7, 2022
Time Travel Through your Meetings ⏳
In a few short seconds, you can glance through previous meetings and swiftly view your upcoming recurring events.
- Real-time sync with action items and content area
- Fixed action items not appear in the sidebar
- Fixed muggle access (with non-magical users)
- Fixed duplicate action items
- Fixed public sharing
- Fixed log in issues
- Fixed - recurring events are deleted after initial sync
- Performance and stability improvements
- Fixed missing mentions
Mar 23, 2022
I See Your True Colors 🎨
The Magical experience is now faster and more delightful than ever. These include faster navigation between weeks, faster loading times for events and content, and new colors! Events now have richer, beautiful colors, allowing you to color-code your time like an artist.
Right Click on any event to change the default event color.
Zoom In 📸
Our other big feature improvement of the week is full Zoom Integration so that you can embed links directly into your events. The icing on the cake is that you can connect MULTIPLE Zoom accounts to your Magical account. So if you have accounts for work, personal life, etc.. you can instantly generate the appropriate Zoom link for the event.
To connect your Zoom accounts go to Settings
S → Conferencing → Add Conferencing.
One-click Access for Guests
Sharing events with non-Magical users is now frictionless then ever. One-click to share the event link for you, one-click to get inside the event for your guest. We now support Connect with Google for guests to instantly get verified to view and edit your event content.
- Guest access to events with Google Auth.
- Share event dropdown.
- Quick Save (CMD+Enter).
- Navigating between weeks is much faster.
- Initial load of events is much faster.
- Typing in the content area is much faster.
- Content in event page loads much faster.
- Random alert banner inside of event page is gone.
- Public sharing events broke in some instances, it's now stable again.
Mar 9, 2022
Action Items ✅
We set up to build the Swiss Army Knife of calendars.
Today, we are taking a big step in this direction by introducing Action Items.
A seamless way to manage actionable open loops scattered throughout your calendar.
From meeting todos, pre-reads, and RSVP requests — all surface in one place.
Simply tag teammates or yourself inside the content area using @ in a checklist.
And, you can quickly manage your own to-dos by simply opening the Action Items sidebar.
- You can now quickly create events by double-clicking on the calendar grid.
- Mentioning contacts is more accurate and robust
- You can now hit
escto exit the event page
- Contact autocomplete when adding participants loads faster
- Fixed responsiveness issues in event cards
- Fixed create event from the right-click menu.
- General speed and performance improvement across the board