Magical is well-positioned to shape the future of work and we are looking for a Designer Who Can Code to join us in our mission to fix the calendar and help people turn their intentions into actions. We are passionate about helping people make more time to do the best work of their lives.
Imagine a productivity tool that feels like a wellness product. A calendar that is minimalist yet powerful. Built for speed, focus, and zero busy-work. Every pixel's important, every interaction feels magical.
Our ambitious mission to reinvent the calendar can only be achieved by someone who cares deeply about design. As a Designer Who Can Code, you will be responsible to redesign one of the most essential tools for the future of work, the calendar. We are a small team of entrepreneurs who have an obsessive-compulsive focus on our community of power-users.
- Contribute to the overall product and design direction of the whole company
- Meticulously craft every detail of our product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution
- Work with our engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Partner closely with our Customer Experience manager to understand what our community of users need, want, and love about Magical
- Help with establishing a design culture within the company
- Redefining best-of-breed calendar design and development processes so that we can build the product of our dream
Sound like you?
- You have 3-5 years track record of designing beautiful web-based software
- You can create clear, intuitive, and visually magical human interfaces and interactions
- You can balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- You have the ability to think through complex interaction design
- You can collaborate on ideas through visuals and prototyping (we user Figma)
- You're a good listener who collaborates well with different segment of users
- You have an impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of typography, simplicity, interactions, and visual design.
What we offer.
As a semi-distributed company, our benefit stack is quite different:
Freedom to do your best work:
- ⛩ Work from home or a space
- ✨ Access to our Productivity Zone
- 👨💻 Decide when to work
An IT stack to make your friends jealous:
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro
- 💰 Budget to set up your home office
- ⚡️ Best-of-breed productivity tools
Taking care of your future-self:
- 💰 Stock options
- ⛑ Health insurance
- 📚 Budget for knowledge
Looking after your present-self:
- 🏝 Generous Paid Time Off
- 💰 Flexi-budget for personal needs
- 😴 Sleep tech & wellness stipend
Our supertools stack.
A successful hiring process is two-sided. Just as we evaluate you, we’re being evaluated by you, and so, to ensure we each learn what we need to make an informed decision, we run a transparent process and are looking to assess the following:
- Compatibility: how have your previous experiences set you up to succeed in this role? Does your skill set match the role’s requirements?
- Cultural fit: do our values & ways of working align with yours? Will Magical be a suitable environment for you to thrive in?
- Coachability: we look for the combination of a proven track record and the hunger for future growth, as well as the mindset that unlocks it.
We know how stressful, competitive and time-sensitive a hiring process can get, so we make it a priority to be as transparent and considerate as possible. We keep our candidates informed of their status all throughout the process, knowing that Magical is here to last and hopeful that we’ll end up working together, eventually.
Can't find what you're looking for? Please send us an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you'd think is relevant for potential synergies.