tl;dr - Early-stage startup hiring a Full Stack Engineer to join us in our mission to make time collaborative. We're improving people's shared time by redefining the calendar for the new era of work. Details about us, the role, and interview process below.
Who we are.
Imagine a world with zero time-waste — Less time on pointless meetings, more time on thinking, creating, living.
Magical is a collaborative calendar for the new era of work, allowing teammates to better plan, coordinate, and make time for the work that matters.
We are here to solve the most time-wasting workflows at work:
- 31 hours spent in unproductive meetings over a month
- 1.8 hours every day spent searching and gathering information, especially before meetings.
- 2 hours a day spent recovering from distraction per day
We've been remote-first since the first day, and care deeply about effective communication, community building, personal growth, ownership, curiosity, and great coffee 😊
We are a highly-experienced team of entrepreneurs, and has started and sold companies before. We push each other to improve so we can do the best work of our lives. We want leaders to grow from within our core team and willing to invest to make it happen.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will
- Create a product that will redefine time management: Because we are dealing with the most scarce resource on earth - time, we have the chance to create the most leveraged and useful software of the last (or next) decade. You can help us realize this goal.
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: Our team is small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, development, process — participating in every phase from design to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
- Join us at a magical time: We've been exploring our product-market fit, which means you'll have a major impact. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow.
To allow you to do your best work frictionlessly, we've put the developer experience in the front and center. We mastered and tailored state-of-the-art methodologies such as Github flow, full CI/CD and dynamic preview environments early on.
Sounds like you.
- You've built and maintained quality user interfaces that have reached a large audience using React. Bonus: You're fluent with Typescript, Postgres, Docker, AWS.
- You understand the meaning of a product in rapid growth.
- You are eager to learn and optimize yourself and others. You embrace change and see feedback as a growth engine.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You enjoy solving problems with the help of other brilliant people.
- You are hungry for building products people love and are passionate about productivity and time.
What we offer.
As a remote company, our benefit stack is quite different:
Freedom to do your best work:
- 🏠 Setup your home office
- ⛩ Access to co-working space
- 👨💻 Decide when to work
Taking care of your future self:
- 💰 Stock options
- ⛑ Health insurance
- ✨ Personal growth roadmap
An IT stack to make your friends jealous:
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro
- ⚡️ Premium productivity tools
Looking after your present-self:
- 🏝 Generous Paid Time Off
- 🧘🏼♂️ Sleep & wellness programs
The hiring process.
We know how stressful, competitive and time-sensitive a hiring process can get, so we make it a priority to be as transparent and considerate as possible. We keep our candidates informed of their status all throughout the process, knowing that Magical is here to last and hopeful that we’ll end up working together, eventually.
Get to know Magical.
You'll first jump on a call with Reut via zoom. Come prepared to provide an overview (no more than ~3 mins) of your background and two recommendations. The goal of this call is to get to know you and explore if we might be a good fit for each other. We're also excited to tell you what we're working on and answer any questions (55 mins).
You'll have a take-home assignment, in which you'll get a glimpse into how we work, followed by a technical interview. Instructions will be sent after the first interview.
We do not believe in whiteboard interviews, no need to prepare for one.
Interview with Tal.
You'll have a video call with TP our CTO. You are going to talk about decisions, motivations and preferences in order to assess the team fit. (45 mins)
Interview with Tommy.
If we're both excited to continue, you'll have another video call, this time with Tommy. You are going to do a chronological interview and walk through each job you’ve had. For each job, we will ask you five core questions: What were you hired to do? What accomplishments are you most proud of? What were some low points during that job? Who were the people you worked with? Why did you leave that job? In this conversation, we'll want to understand your goals, interests, and motivations (30-45 mins).
Coding at Magical is an incredibly empowering and meaningful experience. I get to tackle challenging problems, build satisfying features from scratch, and grow as a developer and as a person every day, all while having full autonomy over my schedule and work. — Nitzan Mousan, Senior Full Stack Engineer
Can't find what you're looking for? Please send us an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you'd think is relevant for potential synergies.