tl;dr - Early-stage startup hiring a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join us in our mission to make time collaborative. We're improving people's shared time by building the first Time Operating System for the new era of work. Details about us, the role, and the interview process are below.
Who we are.
Imagine a world with zero time waste — Less time on pointless meetings and more time on thinking, creating, and living.
Magical is the world’s first Time Operating System that uses artificial intelligence to help you and your team reduce pointless meetings and focus on what matters.
We are here to solve the most time-wasting workflows at work:
- 31 hours spent in unproductive meetings over a month
- 1.8 hours every day spent searching and gathering information, especially before meetings.
- 2 hours a day spent recovering from distraction per day
We are a highly-experienced team of entrepreneurs who have previously started and sold companies. We push each other to improve to do the best work of our lives. We want leaders to grow from within our core team and are willing to invest in making it happen.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for building new product features from the ground up: Shape. Design. Build. Think of features to improve team collaboration and focus, such as auto-scheduling, note-taking on events, and availability sharing.
- Create a product that will redefine time management: Because we are dealing with the most scarce resource on earth - time, we have the chance to create the most leveraged and useful software of the last (or next) decade. You can help us realize this goal.
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: Our team is small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, development, and process — participating in every phase from design to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
- Join us at a magical time: We've been exploring our product-market fit, which means you'll have a major impact. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow.
We've put the developer experience in the front and center to allow you to do your best work frictionlessly. We mastered and tailored state-of-the-art methodologies such as Github flow, full CI/CD, and dynamic preview environments early on.
Sounds like you.
- You have 5+ years of full-time development experience.
- You've built and maintained beautiful and scalable user interfaces that have reached a large audience using React.
- You have a track record of delivering scalable and reliable backend solutions and implementing REST API architecture. You are comfortable working with APIs and have a solid understanding of server-side languages and frameworks such as Python & Node.js.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You are hungry to build products people love and are passionate about productivity and time.
- Bonus: You're fluent with Typescript, Django, Postgres, Docker, K8S, and AWS.
What we offer.
As a hybrid company, our benefit stack is quite different:
Freedom to do your best work:
- 🏠 Setup your home office
- ⛩ Access to our office in Tel Aviv
- 👨💻 Flexible work hours
Taking care of your future self:
- 💰 Stock options
- ✨ Personal growth roadmap
An IT stack to make your friends jealous:
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro
- ⚡️ Premium productivity tools
Looking after your present self:
- 🏝 Generous Paid Time Off
- 🧘🏼♂️ Sleep & wellness practices
The hiring process.
We know how stressful, competitive, and time-sensitive a hiring process can get, so we prioritize being as transparent and considerate as possible. We keep our candidates informed of their status all throughout the process, knowing that Magical is here to last and hopeful that we’ll end up working together eventually.
Get to know Magical.
You'll first jump on a call with Reut via zoom. Come prepared to provide an overview (no more than ~3 mins) of your background and two recommendations contacts. This call aims to get to know you and explore if we might be a good fit for each other. We're also excited to tell you what we're working on and answer any questions (55 mins).
You'll have a take-home assignment, in which you'll get a glimpse into how we work, followed by a technical interview. Instructions will be sent after the first interview.
Interview with Eilon.
You'll have a video call with Eilon, our CTO. You will talk about decisions, motivations, and preferences to assess the team fit. (50 mins)
Interview with Tommy.
If we're both excited to continue, you'll have another video call with Tommy, our CEO. You will do a chronological interview and walk through each job you’ve had. We will ask you five core questions for each job: What were you hired to do? What accomplishments are you most proud of? What were some low points during that job? Who were the people you worked with? Why did you leave that job? In this conversation, we'll want to understand your goals, interests, and motivations (30-45 mins).
Join the team!
Can't find what you're looking for? Please send us an open application to email@example.com with any information you'd think is relevant for potential synergies.